Thursday, December 17, 2009

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!


The "O" antiphons.
.
I know.  It is a liturgical thing - very good - very nice - very lovely - all of that.  Awesome!  You will hear them recited, repeated, chanted, sung -  now until Christmas - and others talking about them as if they had never read scripture or heard such words and attributes of the God-man uttered by mere mortals ever before.  Very nice, very good, very lovely - all of that. 
.
Seriously, the antiphons are just awesome and beautiful - truly...  Indispensable during the preparation for Christmas.  Nevertheless, liturgical bloggers, liturgists, and choirmasters tend to carry on about them - almost to excess.  If perchance some cleric or liturgist corners you and expounds on and on over the extraordinary beauty of the antiphons, just tell them, "I know!  Oooo!  I know, I know!"
.
If these people did not carry on so dramatically - a soul just might be able to discover the spiritual beauty all on their own - as the Holy Spirit wills.  "The wind blows where it will, and thou hearest its voice, but knowest not whence it comes and where it goes: thus is every one that is born of the Spirit." - John 3:8
.
Art:  Monks - no further information available.

7 comments:

  1. I'm waiting for someone to say something funny about this post...:>

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was too! I think people are on to my pushing buttons thing. No one "reacts" any longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooooh, no, they'll show up. I think they might be doing something responsible, like working. LOL!

    (fyi: yes, I've done my work today, everybody's accounted for, I might go to purgatory, I don't believe once saved, always saved.....just covering all the usual objections to what I say ...:>)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Understood - I better get back to painting now. Confidence and love. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let us know how your painting is going, the one for Christmas, if you can. Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, I don't have anything funny to add, but that was a great post!

    :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So tell me, was this post brought to us by the letter O?

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments will no longer be accepted.
Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. Be sure and double check if your comment posted after you do the verification deal - sometimes it doesn't print if you made an error.