Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Prayers of reparation


James Mary Evans posted about the return of a blasphemous theatrical production called Madonna's Christmas Celebration:  Written and performed by Braden Chapman, who goes by the drag name “Mimi Imfurst,” Madonna’s Christmas Celebration show is in its 4th year of production. From reports and the website, the show claims to “offer insight into the psyche of the teen mother and the choices Mary had to make as a 13 year-old bride.”
.
Last week I noted on another site news of the production of a gay calendar out of Portugal which mocks the Blessed Virgin Mary.  I would never link to it or show the images which offend God so very much. 
.
However, I was pleased to find the following prayers of reparation on James Mary Evans' blog, Orate Fratres.  Please click here to find other prayers and special dates to join together in prayers of reparation and asking for the conversion of sinners.
.
Chaplet of Reparation
(This prayer is for private recitation on rosary beads.)
.
Please pray this chaplet as often as you can — anytime, anywhere — especially at times and places where our Holy Triune God is most offended and unloved.
.
Begin with the Sign of the Cross (Kiss the Crucifix.)
.
Recite the Apostle’s Creed
.
Praying for the increase of Faith, Hope, and Charity and the intentions of our Holy Father, pray separately on the first bead and next three small beads and concluding on fifth bead:
.
1 Our Father/ 3 Hail Marys/ 1 Glory Be.
.
Pray on the large bead before each decade:
.
Most Holy Trinity, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, I adore you profoundly, and I offer You the most precious Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus Christ, present in all the tabernacles of the world, in reparation for the outrages, sacrileges, and indifference with which He Himself is offended. And through the infinite merits of his most Sacred Heart and the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I beg of You the conversation of poor sinners.
.
Pray on the ten small beads of each decade:
.
My God, I believe, I adore, I hope and I love You! I ask pardon of You for those who do not believe, do not adore, do not hope and do not love You.
.
Following the ten small beads of each decade, pray:
.
1 Glory Be
.
Followed by:
.
“O most holy Trinity, I adore You! My God, my God, I love You in the most Blessed Sacrament.”
.
Conclude the 5 decade chaplet with:
.
"Hail Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy... etc.”
.
.
Imprimatur: Most Reverend Peter J Jugis, Bishop of Charlotte
December 8, 2004
.
Art: Nuestra Señora del Rosario. Por Juan Pedro López (1724-1787). Oleo sobre madera. Marco original por Domingo Gutiérrez. (1709-1793) Vidrio original

3 comments:

  1. In the revealed Third Secret of Fatima the Angel said, "Reparation, reparation, reparation".
    How can we not heed this call when we see before our eyes each day the horrible degradation of Divine Life and human life?
    Thank you for this reminder and for this chaplet.
    A beautiful and powerful means of restoring the sacred in the midst of so much depravity.
    Prayers and blessing. Fr. JM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry: the angel said, "Penance, penance, penance". But the meaning is still the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:39 PM

    Just prayed it!

    Poor Jesus. Poor Mary.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.