See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, being patient with it until it receives the early and the late rains. - James 5:7

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Loome's Theological Booksellers - and now - Sacred Gifts


Grand Opening Reception, Sunday, November 15, 2- 4 PM
.
The proprietors, Christopher Hagen and Andrew Poole and company will celebrate the opening of Loome Sacred Gifts this coming Sunday featuring an Art Show of original works by Catholic Artists and a concert by the St. Agnes Chamber Choir, as well as refreshments and the opportunity to socialize and get to know the staff  and their families.
.


The famous bookstore - originally an old church - houses a treasury of books, as well as artistic treasures.  The owners have pulled together antique Solemn High Mass Altar Cards, vintage holy cards, hand illuminated antiphonals on velum, vintage devotional art, and other antiques and artifacts.  Combined with new inventory and antiquarian books, it is much more than a gift shop or religious goods store, I assure you - it is an adventure. 
.
As they say on their blogsite, Ex Libris Theologicis, visit this Sunday and:
.
Enjoy Renaissance polyphony sung from the highest balcony. Massive original oil paintings on display. Vibrant original icons tucked among shelves of theological books. Caramels made by Trappistine nuns. This Sunday will be a Catholic cultural event for families, priests, and friends alike. You're going to love it. Please join us this Sunday for our grand opening event. - Christopher and Andrew and family and colleagues.
.
Loome Sacred Gifts Grand Opening


November 15th

2 -4 PM

2 PM - Concert

2:30-4 PM - Art Show

Loome Theological Booksellers
320 4th Street N
Stillwater, MN 55082 
651-430-1092 
LoomeBooks.com


*Reproduction Latin Mass Card set shown above is not available.  Antique sets are still available however.

8 comments:

  1. Terry, Are the items on the gift shop also in the internet for ordering? I love the statue of the Immaculate Conception on the photo. Is that on sale too? How can I order?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fr. Gary - The gift items are not online as yet - I suggested they do an online shop ASAP and I believe they are working on it. Yes the statue of the Immaculata is for sale - if you called and asked for Andrew he could help you - or email would work too - it is just that they are away from their desks working on set-up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOoh, I'm glad you posted this. Next time I'm in Stillwater, I hope to check it out.... but mostly I'll be wishing that your art were on display there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terry, will your work be there? I stopped by on Tuesday and met Andrew Poole -- thank you for your recommendation! -- and I was looking for your work. Though perhaps I didn't look closely enough at the cards... I still have a card with an icon that you had done some years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jenn and Jean - I have nothing of mine there now - perhaps that will change after the Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terry: I pray you do get to show some of your work there. If I can manage, I'll try to drive down this Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terry: Thank you for recommending our sacred art to this great new venture...Sr. Petra was there last week (I was unable to go) and was very excited about this...SHE is the real artist here (Br and I just "tag along" somehow!!), but we hope to continue to have our sacred art in their new gift shop...sorry we can't make the open house.
    This is a real opportunity for us to "share our contemplation".

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fr. - I was there to day for set up and will be out there early tomorrow - in and out before the guests arrive. Sister's work is well displayed and I trust they will do well. God bless - tell Sister to keep painting.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.