Monday, November 09, 2009

A day in the life...


The newspaper story about bloggers.
.
Yeah.  So like the excerpt from my blog post that was supposed to be printed never appeared in yesterday's paper - just my response as to why we blog:  Answering for myself, I stated, "For attention - that's pretty much it."  And that was my big exposure in print for the St. Paul Sunday paper - oh - the quote included my name and blogsite.  (The title of the article was "A Day In the Life".)
.
That's pretty much it.
.
....
.
Okay then.  I spent Sunday afternoon raking leaves and filling soon to be outlawed plastic contractor bags with them.  Another law to control our lives will go into effect in a couple of years banning the use of plastic bags.  As Americans we are rapidly losing our rights - we have been for some time.
.
.....
.
Almost forgot.  I noted on Vincenzo's blog that a commenter alerted him to the fact he links to the Sisters of Carmel website and evidently they are a trad group which rejects Vatican II.  I checked their website but I did not find any indication of that.  They look like good Discalced nuns - to me at least.  Evidently they are not official Discalced nuns.  Like I said - I did not notice anything bad on their site - they seem like harmless nuns to me.  In fact, there are many unofficial Novus Ordo discalced hermits and nuns around the country living similar religious lives, some even using the Carmelite name - so I do not really see a problem.
.
Although I have to wonder, if they live devout lives, and are good religious, and even very observant and fervent religious, does that count?  Do their prayers and penances count?  Does Our Lady listen to them - are their communions sacrilegious?  Are they worse than radical feminist sisters?  Are they wasting their lives?  And what about vocation - is it a vocation.  See what I mean?  Oh!  Oh!  Are the scapulars they make and sell invalid?  (I actually know the answer to that.)
.
....
.
So anyway - I'm writing this Sunday night and TV is on in the background - Sally Field is crying - I hate that show - it's only on while I'm waiting for the 10PM news.  I've always wanted to blog about how much I hate it when women cry.  I hate it when women cry.  It's really annoying.  That's all. 
.
...
.
I think I'm kind of cranky. 
.
So good night.
.
This will post for Monday... so good day.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting in the newspaper. You ought to be grateful, though, Terry - some people's only claim to published fame shows up in the police record section.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:48 AM

    Ter,

    Was it "Steel Magnolias"?

    Ohmygosh that's my FAVORITE scene.

    "I just wanna know whaaaaaa. I could walk from here to Tayksus if I wanted, but mah daughter cain't. She never couulllld. Whaaaaa? I just wanna hit somethin'!"

    :)

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice site you have a very nice blog you have discovered a new am your follower: D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ter: I was asked to be in the series too but I declined. The author picked a non-representative clip. It was a clip about my cats being ill. My blog is mostly about the faith and my life in relation to it. It's not about my cats being sick. That was an outlier post imho.

    I'm sure that the reason your post didn't make it is because I wasn't there! ROFL! There was probably going to be some attempt made at capturing one of our crosstown trash talking episodes! The clothes! The makeup! The music! The madness!

    /me falls over

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cath - sob - I thought this was - sob- my chance - sob - my break - sob- through to the - sob - pulitzer - sob - or at least - sob - Oprah! Total breakdown hysterics... tears, the whole shibang here. Celine, get daddy another beer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't have expected that I would have been asked, but how come I missed this article?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ter: I still love you.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.