Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I've got my own hell to raise.

Is it just me or is blogging really boring lately?
.

By the way - if anyone wants the above album I will send it to you free. I like Bettye but this album is a little too dark for me. I only played it once. Anyway - I've got my own hell to raise.
.
In fact I'm painting it (the vision of hell) in The Secret - it isn't an enjoyable subject to paint. Don't get me wrong - it is not great art I'm doing - maybe not even good art - but being in a hellish state of mind can be sort of tough. See, that is why the painting is work - and to think I will hide it in the attic when I'm done.
.
But blogging really is a bore lately. I can't get it together enough to write little more than quips.
.
So here goes.
.
Michael Brown from Spirit Daily will be in Minneapolis next month for a retreat - one day - and I just learned Fr. Altier is going to be the chaplain. The last I heard Father is not a believer in Medjugorje, so that should be interesting, since Brown is.
.
I have been giving a lot of thought to a commenter who happens to be a dissident Catholic and does not accept Catholic teaching on homosexuality, celibacy, priesthood, liturgy, theology - you know - all the CINO stuff. Interestingly enough he is a member - associate, consociate - of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, a religious order of women. He has several friends from the congregation, professed sisters, who evidently share his views on the supposed errors of Catholic Church teaching. These women remain active members of the religious congregation to which they belong, and yet hold board positions on at least one anti-Catholic pro-gay group known as CPCSM.
.
Perhaps a consociate can believe and do and say whatever they wish while flaunting the name of the Catholic Church, but how is it that professed women of a Roman Catholic religious congregation can do likewise? (Unless they really are there representing the Archdiocese and/or their Congregation.) Supposedly Roy Bourgeois, a Maryknoll priest has been excommunicated for publicly supporting women's ordination, although he seems not to have accepted the decision. So it makes me wonder if religious women may be exempt from similar disciplinary action? (I'm not advocating excommunication - yet some abjuring could be in order.) Or will the Visitation take care of that stuff? And how will the visitors interview the women religious who live in their own homes and apartments. But I digress.
.
The following is the Archdiocese of St. Paul/Minnesota official statement regarding CPCSM, dated 23 October 2008:
.
Archbishop John Nienstedt, in harmony with his predecessor and other U.S. bishops, does not support, endorse or recognize CPCSM. Because the group’s stated agenda is to deny the church’s traditional moral teachings and creates confusion among the faithful, the archdiocese believes strongly that it must reassert its opposition to CPCSM.
.
When any group chooses the word “Catholic” in its chosen name or acronym it should not be assumed that their group has gained authorization of that affiliation or acceptance by the church or archdiocese. The name “Catholic Pastoral Committee on Sexual Minorities” is a prime example of that caution. In simple terms, it is not an agency of the Roman Catholic Church. - Catholic Spirit
.
It should be noted, perhaps to their credit, that CPCSM claims to have always made it clear that the organization is in no way part of the official local Church, although they post photos of the sisters and former bishops who were their liaisons, as well as publish endorsements by local dissident priests - living and deceased.

8 comments:

  1. Oh dear Terry..all a bit depressing..still going to pray for you 6th - 12th Sept in Fatima if i do get there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the album is still available, I'd like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terry,

    Since I am the "dissident Catholic" you've been giving a lot of thought to, and the executive coordinator of CPCSM, let me say for the record that there are no members of the CSJ community (or any religious community within the archdiocese) currently serving on the board of CPCSM, the editorial team of the Progressive Catholic Voice, or the board of the Catholic Coalition for Church Reform.

    Peace,

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bourgeios said he doesn't accept the ex-communication, but he did say he isn't saying Mass or hearing confession anymore. Perhaps he's hedging his bets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michael - CPCSM listed Sr.s McDonald and O'Brien as members of the board yesterday - I think McDonald was listed as being in charge of hospitality. It was certainly their photos I saw.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michael - just checked your link - so you must have updated over night. Slick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terry,

    As I note in response to your latest post about this (overblown) matter, your post of yesterday alerted me to the fact that the board roster on the CPCSM site needed to be updated. Which I asked our webmaster to do. Simple as that.

    Peace,

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  8. An album? You mean one of those flat black discs that old people use to listen too during the last century?
    ______________________

    There's the line I've drawn don't even bring up view masters! hahahahaha

    I'm teasing ya know.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments will no longer be accepted.
Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. Be sure and double check if your comment posted after you do the verification deal - sometimes it doesn't print if you made an error.