See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, being patient with it until it receives the early and the late rains. - James 5:7

Friday, August 07, 2009

It rained all day.



So I painted all day.

.

I tried to take a nap, but I can't stop painting in my head.

.

I don't think it is turning out however.

.

I don't know.

.

I keep going back to add detailing.

.

I don't like the color - I have no idea what is wrong with me that I'm using so much color lately.

.

I think it looks as if a high school kid painted it.

.

I wish I could direct someone more skilled to paint it for me - it needs to be air brush and digital.

.

I'll finish it however, but first I have to get some garden work done by September. When the painting is finished I will probably put it in the attic...

3 comments:

  1. Where it will begin to grow older and you will begin to grow younger...

    Rain just started here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terry, I was here yesterday: http://www.joslyn.org/exhibitions/Exhibition-Detail.aspx?e=290fca43-bf24-4680-82c2-79b18d8017cb&i=2
    You would have liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet it looks terrific and you are being overcritical of your work. It's so frustrating when what you produce doesn't match what your head wants or envisions.

    Sometimes though it's cool when it turns out even better than you had imagined.

    *********************
    You said...I tried to take a nap, but I can't stop painting in my head......

    I hate it when my brain wont turn off and the projects keep projecting themselves. Sometimes the only way to turn it off is to stay up and finish the project. I wont sleep anyway..

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.