Sunday, June 28, 2009

The year of the priest and stuff.


I discovered this graphic on Jackie's blog - I like it very much, don't you?
.
I went to a different church for the vigil mass last evening. I decided beforehand I'd go and put on a front like the scary old guy who lived next door to the kid in Home Alone. I figured if I'm unfriendly looking enough and sit way in the back, people will will not want to come over to me and tell me about their visions.
.
At the sign of peace some Miss-Glad-Hands old lady walks about 15 pews back to shake my hand. Then at the end of Mass she special delivers a bulletin back to me. And what did I do? I acted all nice and polite and smiley and grateful.
.
I don't know what I'm going to do now.

4 comments:

  1. Carol7:27 PM

    Well, once you're in past the ushers, wear a large hoodie and carry a small scythe. (Plastic, of course.)

    It works for me! (Or maybe it's my Marge Simpston growl..)

    ReplyDelete
  2. +JMJ+

    Give up, Terry! The nice lady sounds as if she has decades of experience on you and can tell that you're not half as growly as you'd like to appear. She's on to you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I don't know what I'm going to do now" I do. You'll never go back there will you, hon?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omygoodness! Cath! How didja know? Okay - you are hereby authorized to write my biography!

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.