Friday, June 26, 2009

I am the recipient of the Honest Scrap Award.



LarryD at A of A awarded me this... meme.
.
The rules:
.
I) Say "Thanks!" to the presenter of the award and provide a link to their blog. So, to Larry at Acts of the Apostasy: Thanks!!
.
II) I am expected to share 10 honest things about myself. I don't know if there are 10 things left, I've spilled my guts about everything I think. But as Larry said, "in the spirit of the award, I will comply."
.
Here goes:
.
1) I love demerol and other prescription pain relievers - I don't have any and I don't use them, but when I've had surgery and stuff, I finished my prescriptions all up like a good boy! Now that we know Michael probably died from that, I'll be more careful if I ever have to take them again. Beer and Vicodin made a good cocktail, but I never did that again after someone told me cardiac arrest is a dangerous side affect. That was a long, long time ago BTW. Oh! And I only had Demerol once in the erly '80's. Versed is nice - I had that before surgery once. My generation will be easy to euthanize if you just offer us drugs first.
.
2) I actually love to sing - I rarely do so in public however, but lately I have joined in when there are Catholic hymns at Mass. (I hate Protestant hymns.) When I was little I was embarrassed about singing and that kind of did me in for the rest of my life. I'm a closet singer now. The cats like it. We do the meow mix song every day at dinner time. I sing many songs in meow talk.
.
3) This is a big one. My age. So anyway, I was tellin' the cats, kids are people too.
.
4) I always wanted to be an author, but could never think of what to write. (I used part of Larry's answer here.)
.
5) On that note - I always wanted to win the Academy Award for Best Actor, but I have never acted - except when I had a job - I used to pretend I actually worked.
.
6) I've never been to Paris but I know a lot about it - I've been to the South of France however. If I could go anywhere right now I think I would go back to Italy. (I can't leave the cats however.)
.
7) I feel I have failed as a parent. I've never had kids, but I know I would have failed if I had.
.
8) My favorite foods are ribeye steak, pasta, eggplant, bread, mussels, organic salads, tempura, chocolate - but not all at once.
.
9) When I was little I wanted to be a Franciscan priest, then I discovered the Carmelites and I wanted to be a Carmelite priest. My dad said no and wouldn't let me enter preparatory seminary - so he had me go to public high school, where I lost the faith. (I returned to the Church in 1972 - I knew I wasn't called to be a priest by then.)
.
10) I regret everything. You know how people say they regret nothing? "I have no regrets." Whatever - I regret everything.
.
So, this is how it ends:
.
III) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.
.
In no specific order I award the following blogs:
.


  • A) Tea at Trianon

.


  • B) Vultus Christi

.


  • C) Fr. Z

.


  • D) Western Confucian

.


  • E) Rorate Caeli

.


  • F) Fr. Blake at St. Mary Magdalen

.


  • G) Ken at Hallowed Ground (Despite the fact he retired - it was one of the very best.)

.
IV) Inform those 7 that they've been awarded the 'Honest Scrap' Award.
.
No, I won't inform them since these blogs are not in the habit of doing memes. I also don't want to show which blogs I awarded because everyone else will feel bad I did not award them.

7 comments:

  1. +JMJ+

    Hmmmm. Did you deliberately nominate seven 'blogs that don't normally do memes so that nobody would actually to do it, thereby proving to both the nominated and the non-nominated that though you love us all differently, you also love us all equally? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol3:44 PM

    No one should regret everything--unless it's the only scar we can one day show Him, after He shows us His.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe "relieved" is the proper expression.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done, Terry - I knew you would do it! But it seems I've hurt Angela's feelings...I hope she's ok. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Passed over again! Damn!

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.