Sunday, May 10, 2009

We need to be precise.

Last evening I watched Bookmark on EWTN. The discussion centered upon the numerous books written by the priest being interviewed. He seems to be a very good priest from a very good religious order. While speaking of the divinity and humanity of Christ, Father stated that our Lord was two persons, rather than one person with two natures. It is a huge difference. Christ, the Son of God is one person, with two natures, human and divine.
.
I'm sure it was a slip of the tongue, but such things stick in one's mind and can lead to much confusion and misunderstanding.

2 comments:

  1. oh I so agree ... three years ago if I heard this I would be very confused ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a similar thoughtless statement on a post I did once, and Fr. Mark corrected me - thank God.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments will no longer be accepted.
Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. Be sure and double check if your comment posted after you do the verification deal - sometimes it doesn't print if you made an error.