Monday, April 06, 2009

Happy Birthday Dodo.



April 6, 1901 is the birthday of Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati. When he was little he adopted the name Dodo for himself. The photos are of the "icon" I painted of him, as well as of my friend Ellen as she presented the panel to his niece Wanda. His niece placed the painting in the house at Pallone. I had based my version on the painting his mother did, which also hangs in the summer home.

.

Now days I do not bother Pier Giorgio too much, as he is very busy working with youth.


2 comments:

  1. Apart from the missing pipe this is great ;-)

    But really, it is marvelous. I love how the mountains evoke the feeling of wings. Marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Owen. His purity seemed angelic to me, and since he was a lay Dominican, I wanted the mountains to suggest wings.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.