Tuesday, December 16, 2008

More on Christmas cards.

When you care enough to send the very best.
.
I just ran across a blog that advises one should only send Christmas cards with a Christian image and greeting, in order to let the manufacturers know what sells. I doubt I even have to say what I think of that nonsense.
.
Capturing the charm of that "hand-made" look.
.
The image above is an example of a type of humorous Christmas card I like to send to friends who either are not religious, or simply like a good laugh. When one opens the card, which appears to be home-made, the verse looks as if it had been typed on an old fashioned type-writer. In this case, the verse reads:
.
"the kids? out back playing with their new empty boxes. season's greetings."
.
How lovely and thoughtful. Now who wouldn't know this is a Christmas card? This card would be perfect to send to a family on welfare, or even those newly weds with children, who live in a house they can't afford.
.
Suitable for framing.
.
I like to refer to this type of card as; "dysfunctional greetings". Yet the producers of the greeting card line describe their product as; "greetings that push buttons, poke fun, and provoke something." Whatever, it is all in fun. Send it to the right people and you may never have to bother with sending another card to them again.
.
This line of cards has been around for several years now, and I never tire of them. The company is MikWright, Ltd. The cards retail at about $3.50 each. MikWright also produces cocktail napkins. The napkins use the same photo format with captions that poke fun at, ridicule, and shame alcoholics back into drinking. They are great for AA meetings and get togethers.
.
Tim and Phyllis have a website too: www.mikwright.com

4 comments:

  1. Ter: That's a step up from that Christmas card you sent a few years back that looked like a ransom note!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cath - LOL! I was just looking at their site and laughing so loudly I scared the cats. There is one that reads, "Why do I even get up in the morning" ROFLMAO!

    I love this line of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's always Walmart/Sam's Club online where you can pick the level of religiosity you want. I use them for my photo cards of the kids that everyone insists on. I really didn't think anyone really wanted to see the kids on a card, but when I didn't send them out one year I really heard about it. This year, after two dozen bad photo attempts of the kids all dressed in their Christmas finery, I just tossed in the towel and picked one. The first one I picked had part of my son's head cut off and it almost made him cry when he found it was to be on the Christmas card, so I had to choose another not-fit-to-print picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get photo cards of the kids and I love them.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.