Wednesday, December 03, 2008

A few of my favorite things...

Ornament.
.
Over the years I have collected antique repousse, ornament for furniture and trophies and other object d'art. I used these things for my own decorative art - often on painted boxes and eggs that I sold over the years. Today I only have scraps of what had been a fairly large inventory, collected in Europe, and flea markets in the U. S. - they remain little treasures I take out from time to time to admire.
.
My apologies for the poor quality of the scan, and I mixed categories by inserting a crest from an old blazer - the rest of the collection is brass or bronze, often with a gold wash (gold d'ore). (Click photo to enlarge.)

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:35 AM

    The bottom, left, is that Our Lady of Victories?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan - you are there! I wondered if you still read. Yes - it is OL of Victories - although in bad shape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:52 PM

    I read everyday! :>

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.