Friday, February 29, 2008

Friday poetry corner...

God speaks to each of us as he makes us,
then walks with us silently out of the night.
.
These are words we dimly hear:
.
You, sent out beyond your recall,
go to the limits of your longing.
Embody me.
.
Flare up like flame
and make big shadows I can move in.
.
Let everything happen to you: beauty and terror.
Just keep going. No feeling is final.
Don't let yourself lose me.
.
Nearby is the country they call life.
You will know it by its seriousnes.
.
Give me your hand.
.
~ Rainer Maria Rilke ~

.
My Bruderhoff friend David sent this to me.

2 comments:

  1. Terry-

    I came by earlier and forgot to leave a comment!

    Wilke has some very beautiful prose and poetry. Having said that, I'm ashamed to admit to not previously knowing about this very beautiful poem.

    "Let everything happen to you: beauty and terror.
    Just keep going. No feeling is final."

    How magnificent is that verse!

    Thank you for sharing this with us:0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - I like Wilke's poetry, too.

    I have some flowers for you. Stop by and pick them up:)

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.