Sunday, January 06, 2008

Bye Santa!


I'm reluctantly taking Christmas down today. I'll leave the exterior lights and decorations up for awhile longer though. I loved Christmas this year - it was so unusually peaceful and quietly contemplative. I hate to see it end. I keep Christmas from December 6th through January 6th. Despite the fact some people consider it liturgically incorrect, I can do that because I am neither a church or a religious community.
[Art: "Brendan the Navigator" - James Christensen]

4 comments:

  1. Dec. 6 is St. Nicholas - how wonderfully appropriate to start Christmas then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, hate to see Christmas end. It's my favorite time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terry,
    Oh, hell, just leave the lights up all year.
    Pretend you're a hillbilly.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Christmas decorations, well done, of course, in a home! I leave mine up until the Feast of the Epiphany, never any later. I put them up in early December, too. Right now, I'm looking for a really nice, complete, nativity scene to add to my collection.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.