Saturday, May 26, 2007
Nursing sisters really appreciated the freedom of the pared down habits, their sleeves and headgear no longer got in the way. No wonder some of the old nuns were cranky. Interestingly enough, cloistered nuns usually had soft coifs and veils, which were not uncomfortable or constraining, neither were they weird.
Friday, May 25, 2007
Photo: Actual alien abductees. Note; Cathy is in the center, with Adoro to the right - this was taken when Adoro was a cop. Ray is the one with the shaved head.
Lectures and panel discussions by renowned scientists, investigators, witnesses, authors and abductees.
Live music inspired by UFO's and sci-fi.
Theater, standup and readings.
A gallery of UFO art by abductees and enthusiasts.
Earlier this year, Crescat was taking donations to send herself to Rome. (I wonder how that went.) Maybe I should start taking donations to send Cathy to NYC for the event? It happens next month so there isn't much time. (Cash donations only please - I will see that she gets them.)
Thursday, May 24, 2007
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Monday, May 21, 2007
Sunday, May 20, 2007
1. What do you hope to accomplish with your blog?
Catharsis. Just write what comes to mind - 'stream of consciousness stuff'. At the beginning I wanted to post things about prayer and the saints that most people don't know, and then Don Marco came along and did it so much better. Nevertheless, I still add my two cents worth - I want a sinner's view of it all, a layman with many faults - that sort of witness. And it is cathartic. I can say what I like, and get feedback - without having been interrupted as one is in live conversation. I've learned a lot from my blogs.
2. Are you a spiritual person?
Decidedly. I always have been. I pray.
3. If you were stranded on a deserted island, what three things would you want to have with you?
A beautiful statue of the Blessed Virgin, a Bible, and the Internet.
4. What’s your favorite childhood memory?
I don't really have one. As a teenager, it would have involved having been a part of my Italian friend's family life - just Sunday mornings in their busy kitchens.
5. Are these your first (tagging) memes?
That would be a no.
Then there is this part:
8 random facts people don't know about me. (This is not a "tell all".)
1. I'm a really good detective. I learned it from my mom who was kind of nuts.
2. Along with that, I have really good intuitive skills. I can read people very well - it's like radar. (I don't do demos.)
3. I am an excellent cook - but I rarely make the effort any longer. (I'm a natural, a cuisine artiste, an original cook, with sensibilities for spices and flavors beyond comprehension, as well as technique - beyond cook books and recipe files. I'm not modest about my gifts...never have been. Oh - no demos on this one either.)
4. I dislike religious people - church people - people who wear their piety on their sleeves or try to shove it down people's throats, you know, the dogmatic, doctrinaire types - the ones who tell people they are going to hell if they don't do this or that. Oh, along with this, nosey, gossipy priests - but I guess they knew that.
5. I've forgiven my parents and other abusers - I just remain apart from family because I can cope with life better that way.
6. Along with that - I actually have friends and do engage in social activities - everyone thinks I'm such a recluse.
7. I don't 'hate' my former employer or their family - I was just hugely disappointed in them. I realize they have their problems too - it is just too bad it affects so many other people. They are not bad people - much to the contrary - perhaps they simply do good things badly - like most of us do. They have tough skins however, as do I.
8. I told off two different Bishops, in two different situations - details will not follow. (I'm not proud of it...confessed it, apologized, apology accepted, etc..) Yet it ties in with something everyone knows about me, I have problems with authority - especially when they are wrong...see, I am so not humble - which everyone knows as well.
Yeah, I'm not tagging anyone. Memes are kinda high school/college, don't ya think?