Tom in Vegas tagged me for a meme - 8 things about me... - yeah, whatever. Tom seems really nice and since there are so few male bloggers, I don't want to offend him by not doing this meme. So here goes...
1) I dislike memes.
2) But I like talking about myself - especially if I can do it in a way that makes me appear really thoughtful, literate, and oh so profound. I like that - it is very artsy. (I like to pretend I'm being interviewed by Charlie Rose.)
3) I sing to my cats - sometimes Broadway tunes in falsetto, sometimes rock songs as if they are opera, sometimes opera, as if it is piano bar/lounge singing. And then sometimes I mix it all up - like a re-mix!
4) I deliberately mutter to myself when I'm in upscale grocery stores, giving out-loud-critiques of uppity customers. Oftentimes muttering through clenched teeth, "You dirty bitch" - when someone leaves a cart in the middle of the aisle or something. All in fun of course. (Yes - sometimes I'm over-heard but I get a kick out of that. The people who hear me don't know if I'm in early onset of senility or on a cell phone. I think my laughter after realizing they heard me confuses them even more. Gosh! I just can have fun all by myself!)
5) I love the people I attend Mass with at the "Up With People" church I go to lately. Last Sunday, one guy turned around to ask me what street I lived on - during the consecration - but I answered him with great patience and kindness. (He was just being nice and didn't know better!)
6) I haven't had a haircut in several months, so I do kind of look like the photos I post on this blog. But I'm scheduled for a cut tomorrow afternoon - I hate getting my haircut. (You know, how the stylist looks at you - yeah! I see him in the mirror! Pushing his body against my arm - I hate that!)
7) I really do love my family, and adore my sister. She kinda, sorta understands me - but not as well as she thinks.
8) I really did quit smoking.
9) I would smoke in a minute if I could... yet there is this mysterious restraining force...
I'm supposed to tag others. Okay - you're it!
(Photo: Peggy Guggenheim in Vegas - I mean Venice!)