Saturday, November 24, 2007

Local News... in St. Paul, Minnesota that is...

It's just too bad!

I just got this email:
I was told that Cyndi Brucato donated a tour of the Channel 5 newsroom to a Planned Parenthood Auction Fundraiser which is to be held on November 29. It is valued at $500. Ribnick Furs has contributed 11,000 (retail) in two fur coats. The MN Lynx have contributed $1000 in opening night tickets. Continental Diamonds in watches; MN Wild also donated tickets:

Here's one you can call on: Mayor Chris Coleman has donated a meal with him. Wowser!

There's another 25 or so items listed for the live auction.


Thanks for the tip Ray!

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about Catholics contributing to this organization. But then again, if you go further east you have the Kennedy's and the Kerry's with their defunct Catholicism contributing legislatively to the baby killers.

    On a more positive note, I've been meaning to mention that I love your paragraph under "About Me" in your profile page. That last sentence, "It will never be finished" is absolutely fantastic.

    Wish I could write that well!

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well gosh, Terry, I can tour our local TV station for free. But, dinner with the mayor - now that would be worth a trip home. NOT!

    And we can't even call this a worthy cause. Bleh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder what the Mayor and the winning bidder will talk about over dinner ;}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tom - I wish I could write that well too - the paragraph under "About Me" is from a poem - but I forgot the name of the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:32 PM

    The Wild didn't donate the tickets it was Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP...and Ciresi sits on the St. Thomas University Board..hmmm

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.