Saturday, October 13, 2007

90th Anniversary of the miracle at Fatima.


The first reading from today's Mass reminded me of the miracle at Fatima. It seemed providential to have this reading for the 13th of October.
"Sun and moon are darkened, and the stars withhold their brightness..." - Joel 4
I wondered why Heaven chooses to reveal these things to children, and not to the Bishops or the Pope. It seems to me it would be easier if the Pope would be the one to speak the requests of Our Lady, perhaps everyone would listen then. Maybe not. And as we know, sometimes Bishops don't speak up when they ought to.
Elena of Tea At Trianon has a good post on the events of October 13, 1917.
Many people claim to have seen the miracle of the sun at other contemporary alleged apparition sites. I guarantee you - whatever they saw was not on the magnitude of what went on in Fatima 90 years ago today.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.