See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, being patient with it until it receives the early and the late rains. - James 5:7

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Well, knock me out!

Yesterday I did two pious posts and decided to fast from the Internet for the rest of the day - 24 hours to be exact. Heck, the world did not end, I minded my own business, and I didn't worry about emails or comments. There is life outside the Internet! I may fast from all media on Wednesdays and Fridays after this.

3 comments:

  1. Great idea Terry. When I spent the weekends at the cabin and didn't even think about the computer, it was a very welcome break. I think I might continue to stay off the computer on the weekends...maybe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you don't go for all this foo-foo stuff, but you have been awarded the Mathetes award (see my blog for the details). I expect to see it proudly displayed on your mantle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, Terry, how selfish can you be?! What about me? Ooops, I mean what about your readers? What will we do without you? I suppose we could go pray or something...

    I think taking an occasional break from the blog and/or the online stuff is a very good thing. I do it once and awhile. I find I come back stronger AND I can spend more one on one time with Christ rather then the Web.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.