I have been in this dark, dark, DARK mood for innumerable days. Lately I've been thinking deeply about penance and I got myself all 'doured-soured' out about everything - past sins and failures and all that kind of stuff. I was starting to feel like a rad-trad Catholic! Ick! Then today, it was like all the doom and gloom suddenly cleared away and I finally felt a sense of joy - for the first time in months! (Maybe it's because I just heard of another defection from the rad-trad-cult form of Catholicism. An uber-traditionalist wife just left her Feeney-ite husband. Too much religion can sometimes either cause one to lose one's faith or drive a person crazy. I personally think this woman had enough. I don't know if she left the faith, but the ubers think leaving one's husband is the same thing.)
Whatever, today I felt as if this great burden has been lifted off my shoulders. In a silly mood, I started thinking of things I don't care about, so I'll list some of them.
So yeah, here is some stuff that doesn't bother me:
* The Latin Mass in either form - I don't care if it's Novus Ordo or the TLM. If it happens to be the Novus Ordo - I don't care if it's in English or Latin.
* What people wear to Mass. I don't care if women are in camisoles - actually one was last Sunday - it doesn't bother me.
* Weddings - I've been invited to 4 this year and haven't attended any of them - and it doesn't bother me.
* Gay people - I honestly don't care if someone is gay - unless the guy is real femme or the woman is man-hating butch - that's just weird. If they claim to be Catholic, then I do care that they really abide by what the Church teaches - if not - they should stop pretending to be Catholic. If they are not religious, that's fine.
* Non-Catholics. I don't care if someone is Protestant, Jewish, Muslim, or Wiccan - just don't try to convert me or argue religion with me.
* Irreligious people. Same thing - just don't criticize me or my religion or try to argue with me.
* Marijuana. If it was legal I'd probably smoke it. However, it's not legal and it's a sin to break the law.
* Anorexic women. I think they are kind of attractive.
* Global warming - it happens.
* People who talk on cell phones in public - I enjoy listening to their conversations and pigeon-holing them by what they say.
* Motorcyclists without helmets and people who engage in extreme sports. I don't care if they kill themselves.
* Answering the phone - I don't.
* Cars. I've never ever been impressed with the type of car a person drives.
* Professional sports - I don't care about them.
* Celebrities - I don't care about them.
* Family feuds - I love the drama.
* Severe storms - I love the drama - it's related to family feuds - dysfunctional-ism.
* Working wives and mothers - at least they are not living off their husbands. (Oh lighten up! I'm kidding!)
* Harry Potter - I love the stories.
* Priests in or out of clerical clothing - that doesn't bother me - just as long as they are wearing something.
* Peace and justice radicals who are anti-war.
* Modern and contemporary art - I like a lot of it.
* Talking in Church - I was letting it bother me and decided I was getting to be too 'holier than thou' about it. I've decided it is a waste of time to worry about things one has no control over.
* Smoking and people who smoke. (I do.)
* Crabby old people.
* Death - it's something we have to do.
* Nuns in secular clothing.
* Nuns in traditional habits.
* Fast food - although I rarely ever eat it.
* This post is starting to bother me. I can't think of anything else. Suffice it to say, there are a lot of things that don't bother me today. Maybe I should do a post about what does bother me?
What really does bother me is falling for the 'holier than thou' thing - it's such an easy trap to fall into - especially for bloggers.