Saturday, June 09, 2007

End notes...it's about a blogger.

Laurie Metcalf

I looked for a funny picture of Laurie Metcalf but couldn't find one. She played Roseanne Barr's sister in "Roseanne", as well as an English teacher in that great reality show, "Third Rock From The Sun". She is very funny and doesn't have to say anything to look nuts - she is just one of those actresses who have great facial expression.

Anyway - I think of Laurie Metcalf, especially her character on "Third Rock" - who liked to speak in rhyme, whenever I come across this one blogger/commentator who leaves all of her comments in poetry. I laugh thinking, what if she talked like this? Like if you were engaged in a conversation with her, would she respond in poetry?

Personality wise, I think she is more like Laurie's character in "Desperate Housewives" who ended up shooting people at a grocery store - the uber-Catholic poetry lady also has a lot of anger. I would love it if she looked like Laurie.

We really reveal our personalities when we blog, don't we? It's kind of scary.

4 comments:

  1. I should have put this in the post, but I'm not snipping at the poetry lady - I just find her amusing - and she does seem angry - hence the reference to Metcalf's character in DH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right...we do reveal our personalities in our writing.

    A lot of the dating websites cite this, and how a form of writing back and forth for awhile really gets the superficial stuff out of the way. It's true.

    I actually know someone who reads a lot of my work, and last night she commented about how she really feels like she knows me now, more so than if we'd had a coversation.

    When I was discerning, our Vocations director actually suggested I find an SD who could actually email, because of the value in the written word, the ability to express ourselves in writing in ways we cannot in person.

    I'm much more coherent in writing than I am in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeron7:40 AM

    Gee I just can't imagine *WHO* you're talking about! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 12 JUne 2007


    A silver sky

    ripe for the mirror.

    you can not see yourself in this mirror

    you can only see others

    moreover, you can only see what others choose to expose.

    Their houses, their boats, their sea-doos.




    Birds skimming low over the water could

    like as not

    see them selves if they were to look down

    as they skim low over the water

    but they never do.

    Rather they allow their reflections to chase them

    quick and sharp over the still, glistening waters

    while the bird's mind remains ever fixed on

    food, or other birds, or escaping those damn noisy humans.










    A dense forest impenetrable as a gaze.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments will no longer be accepted.
Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. Be sure and double check if your comment posted after you do the verification deal - sometimes it doesn't print if you made an error.