Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Proper attire for Mass...


Dress up - not down for Mass.

Remember, it's summertime - one should be properly dressed for Mass. Cathy at Recovering Dissident Catholic has a terrific post on the subject. (Seriously.) It's a follow-up to her internationally acclaimed post on what some people wear to Mass on Pentecost - I can't even say what that is. (Her previous post, "Gang Colors At Holy Mass" garnered a spot on Fr. Z's blog!)






[Photo: John Paul II after receiving the Offertory gifts from a semi-naked woman in Papua, New Guinea, 1984.]

2 comments:

  1. Since no one has commented here - I posted a more reflective item on Abbey2 concerning the subject, hoping to get to the root of the problem. Most people are commenting on the comments. Whatever.

    I'm glad I posted this photo here, because personally I don't give a crap what people wear to Mass - this woman, though naked, is extremely reverent.

    Focus on the essentials for Christ's sake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo! Couldn't agree more. If it's good enough for the Holy Father, I'm not going to complain.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.