Friday, December 22, 2006

Details


This is a detail of a life-size,wood carved sculpture of the Holy Family our Church Goods Store had been commissioned to create by Fr. Paul Sirba when he was pastor of Maternity of Mary in St. Paul Minnesota. The statue is in place in their new chapel, which is still under construction.
The image was carved and polychromed in Italy by Moroder Studios.
The photo does not do the statue justice, it must be experienced.
What a Christmas gift for the parish, huh?

3 comments:

  1. Oh! Oh! Oh! It is like my Petit Jésus, Roi d'Amour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen9:46 PM

    Terry, I had my first glimpse of this awesome statue, for my parish, on your blog several months ago... now this! Wow! I'm so very exciting to see it in person - and to think I will be gazing at it's loveliness every morning at Mass! Thanks and I do enjoy your blog - you often say exactly what many people are thinking but can't quite put it into words.
    Merry Christmas Terry!
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very Merry Christmas to you Coleen and Nancy as well - you two ladies do so much for Catholic Culture and you are so under-rated! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments will no longer be accepted.
Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. Be sure and double check if your comment posted after you do the verification deal - sometimes it doesn't print if you made an error.