See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, being patient with it until it receives the early and the late rains. - James 5:7

Friday, October 06, 2006

Uber-Catholics


Remember the classic Seinfeld episode where Elaine is aghast to find out that boyfriend David Puddy is religious (he listens to Christian radio stations and has a Jesus fish on his car):

Elaine: Oh. So, you're pretty religious?
Puddy: That's right.
Elaine: So is it a problem that I'm not really religious?
Puddy: Not for me.
Elaine: Why not?
Puddy: I'm not the one going to hell.
LaterElaine: David, I'm going to hell! The worst place in the world! With devils and those caves and the ragged clothing! And the heat! My god, the heat! I mean, what do you think about all that?
Puddy: Gonna be rough.
Elaine: Uh, you should be trying to save me!
Puddy: Don't boss me! This is why you're going to hell.

Isn't that the best? Sounds like many of the people I work with.

5 comments:

  1. That probably is the best Catholic dialogue written in the 20th century for movies, TV or radio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just me4:27 PM

    Terry, how do you remember this dialogues with such detail?
    You rock! Was that the one where she was talking about him having the "Jesus fish" on his car?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just me - I only remembered part of the dialoque, I cut and pasted the exact lines from another source. Yes - it was the Jesus fish episode.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to start tacking on the phrase "sounds like someone I work with" when I post something so you can wonder all the live long day if I'm talking about you. Hee,hee.

    I have no probs. telling folks that they're going to Hell if they don't repent. It's called charity to point out the truth. It is NOT charity to tell someone they're a-okay when they're not. Noah had the task of telling people to get on the ark and they laughed at them. He told them the flood was coming. They didn't listen. Imagine if Noah was like "Well hey, I can't tell them they're going to drown if they don't get on the ark beause that's mean." Yeah hi..you get it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lady Fett-

    You work with Terry?

    I'm going to have to look up the staff photos on Leaflet:)

    I want to see how you all really dress...

    J. Peterman, anyone?

    LOL!

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.