See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, being patient with it until it receives the early and the late rains. - James 5:7

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Funny stuff...


Gerald had this post from Fr. Tim:

Via Fr. Tim's blog

Conservative Catholic pick-up lines:

10. May I offer you a light for that votive candle?

9. Hi there. My buddy and I were wondering if you would settle a dispute we're having. Do you think the word should be pronounced HOMEschooling, or homeSCHOOLing?

8. Sorry, but I couldn't help but noticing how cute you look in that ankle-length, shapeless, plaid jumper. (My favorite!)

7. What's a nice girl like you doing at a First Saturday Rosary Cenacle like this?

6. You don't like the culture of death either? Wow! We have so much in common!

5. Let's get out of here. I know a much cozier little Catholic bookstore downtown.

4. I bet I can guess your confirmation name.

3. You've got stunning scapular-brown eyes.

2. Did you feel what I felt when we reached into the holy water font at the same time?

1. Confess here often?

Brought to you by, "Just for fun News."

4 comments:

  1. Regarding that, "...ankle-length, shapeless, plaid jumper."

    Hey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT?! No comment on the beauty of her chapel veil?
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pickup lines actually came from Pat Madrid's Envoy Magazine web site. They've been up there for a couple of years:

    http://www.envoymagazine.com/topten/index.htm

    But they are very funny. He has more "Top Ten" lists, too.

    I thought the "jumper" model was quite fetching, but I couldn't see much plaid on it. Does leaflet carry school uniforms?

    There's a new market for you, Terry. Work with those "Pure Fashion" people from Regnum Christi and you will have yourself an upscale hit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like frumpy jumpers! I'm offended and I'm never reading your blog EVER...JK.

    Okay Fashion King we get that you're down on the jumpers.

    Yeah I agree..chapel veil?

    Very funny!

    Scapular brown eyes? Barf. I hope no guy uses these lines on me. They might have to change their shirt.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.