Sunday, September 24, 2006

Dr. Seuss

He invented the word 'nerd'. I never knew that. I didn't like Dr. Seuss as a kid because I early on developed a taste for fine art, therefore cartoons held no fascination for me. I always read the stories of saints and rarely anything else - well maybe Greek mythology and Grimm's Fairy Tales - but that is about it.

Now as an adult I like Dr. Seuss and the Simpson's.

So he invented 'nerd'. What is the origin of the word 'dork'? I'll look that up. What if it says, 'Terry Nelson'?


  1. Oh my! I looked it up. I don't think people should use that term any longer.
    (No wonder it's funny.)

  2. Nope, I'm not looking it up...

    You are too funny! Loved the Grimm's tales & mythology as a kid, too. And read about some of the saints also.

    Didn't read Dr. Seuss much as a kid either, although I love the Sneetches story. Books on fine art were okay- I like them more now than then. Encyclopedias are always fun.

    Can't say that I watch the Simpson's that often- although it's still pretty popular from what I've heard.

  3. Oh! I forgot - I used to read the dictionary and encyclopedias too!


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.