Thursday, August 10, 2006

The Fascist


Drudge: From Mike Wallace's interview with the Supreme Ruler of Iran to air Sunday night on "60 Minutes" (I can't wait!):

"PITBULL JOURNALIST GOES SOFT ON IRANIAN MADMAN: 88-year-old CBS journalist says Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad a 'reasonable' man on Sean Hannity's ABC radio program... Points out Ahmadinejad not anti-Jewish... just anti-Zionist state. Says many Jews in Iranian Parliament, in great positions in Iranian life... Believes Ahmadinejad sincere in his hope for peaceful coexistence between Iran and West... Troubled by comparisons of leader to Hitler... Marvels at Ahmadinejad's civil engineering degree, 'intellect', 'savvy'... Asks viewers not to bring 'prejudices' to Sunday night '60 MINUTES' broadcast... Proclaims 'discussion' was sincere and not for propaganda purposes... Developing... "

Sounds very much like what a few Traditionalist Catholics I know say - about not being anti-Jewish - as regards the person, that is.

2 comments:

  1. The recent love affair of the media establishment and much of academia with "All Things Islamic" may be one of the most radical alterations of philosophy that I have ever witnessed in my life.

    Now I have a little more knowledge than most, having almost a minor in Middle Eastern/Ottoman History and a year's study in Farsi (Persian) courtesy of the U.S. Army.

    My experience of the media up until the last year has been that they were pretty much pro-Israel and that there wasn't anything worth valuing in the rest of the Islamic world.

    And even though I know that they would never win, I have been sympathetic to the cries of the Arab people who claimed that the UN shafted them when it created the State of Israel in 1948.

    But might makes right in my world (my guardian angel probably isn't happy to see those letters appear here). Israel isn't going away. And the Arabs (and Iran) must accept that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet.

    However, when did "knowing" a person ever stop you or any other blogger from passing judgment on a comment section?
    C'mon.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.