See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, being patient with it until it receives the early and the late rains. - James 5:7

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Not just your ordinary Communion...


Mass at St. Joan of Arc, Minneapolis, MN



I love this picture!

No, it wasn't Harvey Egan's memorial Mass/service, what have you, it was from Fr. Debruycker's installation Mass - Bishop Pates was there but not his boss. I hope someone got pictures at Harvey's affair.





This photo courtesy- http://christusvincit.blogspot.com/2006/05/dance.html -but I found it on the blog, The Cafeteria is Closed - I have it linked on my page.

5 comments:

  1. I'm guessing at the Egan Mass (if you dare to call it that), there will be a limbo line to Communion to the song "Don't Worry, Be Happy", as Egan wanted his people to "be happy".
    BMP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned that the woman in the picture is most likely signing the song she is singing for the hearing impaired, which makes so much sense now, doesn't it? She is so enthusiastic. I still love the picture.
    TN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow more looking into the picture seems to make me think she is the (ever-dreaded) "song leader", but you're right - enthusiastic she is.

    BMP

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you drive by a certain someone's house in Minneapolis you can see someone doing the same dance that the woman pictured is doing, the only difference is that he usually dances to the FRIENDS theme song.

    However, such dancing and TV shows have been formally condemed and participating in them in any way is now a mortal sin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.